Do you have to clean the sink but do not know how to remove the lime and stains that have accumulated? Don’t worry, there are several specific products on the market, but we can also apply natural remedies like the ones that we are going to explain to you now, with which you will make your sink look like new.
The sinks in our house, both the bathroom and the kitchen , are used several times a day, so they get dirty easily . When we think about how to clean the bathroom and kitchen sinks , we immediately buy the right products , thanks to the wide variety we find of these. But we must be very careful when we choose a product, because if it is too aggressive, the finish of our sinks. it could be irretrievably ruined.
That is why we recommend you better use natural substances in common use that can be used to clean. They are undoubtedly less aggressive than chemical products, but their disinfectant power is assured . Therefore, it is worth discovering how to clean sinks naturally , without great expense and with full respect for materials.
We are going to explain to you below how to clean the sinks in your house thoroughly and with maximum hygiene, using suitable products for different materials.
Steps to clean the sink
There are different types of sinks, so depending on how they are they will need us to apply one product or another such and how we explain below:
Clean steel sink
- To keep the steel sink always beautiful and shiny, it is necessary to carry out cleaning and drying operations constantly.
- Remember, in fact, that for this material the residual water is harmful and over time can cause staining and oxidation problems.
- Clean it with a mixture of water, white vinegar, baking soda, and 3 drops of dish soap . Use a soft sponge to avoid scratches.
Cleaning ceramic sink
- The ceramic sink is very delicate, but you can also use natural ingredients to make it look like new
- To do this, you have to make a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda. You pour it on the surface of the ceramic sink and rinse. Use a soft , absolutely non-abrasive sponge to avoid damaging the enamel, which can dull the sink.
Clean glass sink
- This type of sink is mainly found in many bathrooms and is very beautiful and decorative
- Cleaning it is much easier than it seems, since you can use a normal glass cleaner.
- The apple cider vinegar is perfect for stubborn stains. Leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse and pat dry.
Clean marble sink
- Marble sinks should be cleaned with mild detergents.
- For daily cleaning, hot water and Marseille soap can be sufficient, while for the most stubborn dirt you can use baking soda, but remember to dilute it liberally with water.
Cleaning resin sink
- Resin sinks can simply be cleaned with lukewarm water and a neutral detergent, suchas Marseille soap, and should be rubbed lightly with a soft cloth.
- If there are dry stains, these can be removed with denatured alcohol or diluted bleach, while to remove lime stains, you can use white vinegar and remember to rinse immediately to avoid damage.